Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yankees Have a Move to Make

Brett Gardner was placed on the 15-day DL today with a broken thumb. Jon Albaladejo was called up to take his place. Tomorrow the Yankees will call up an OF from Scranton to replace Gardner....but the question is....WHO?

The only CF option is highly-touted prospect Austin Jackson, who Joe Girardi said will NOT be called up.

That leaves Shelley Duncan and an injured John Rodriguez. Ramiro Pena is also an option having played a few games in CF at AAA.

Prediction: Shelley Duncan called up and Yankees move Xavier Nady to 60 day DL

What I want done: Shelley Duncan and Ramiro Pena called up, move Nady to 60 day and Designate for Assignment Cody Ransom. Pena can play CF when completely neccessary and so can Nick Swisher.

P.S.: Chad Jennings, who covers the Scranton Yankees, has agreed to answer 10 questions for me through email. He will be the first person to be a part of my 10 question segment. I should have the interview up by Tuesday.

2 comments:

P-Cat said...

Gotta say I kind of agree with your assessment. Duncan is ripping AAA pitching—he leads the international league 2with 25 HRs, the next guy has 18). But he needs to ply. If he gets spot duty, his timing gets thrown off and he looks like a schlub. I doubt he'll ever hit for high average, but let him get comfortable and he can pound the ball to the bleachers.

Brandon said...

I dont know if he can get regular playing time in the majors though. Read Chad Jennings' take on it when I put up the interview he finds Shelley to be a good if not better MLB player