1. Joba Chamberlain did not become the starter the Yankees had hoped for.
2. Sergio Mitre was needed during the season.
3. Brian Bruney did not become the set up man the Yankees had hoped for.
4. Phil Hughes was not successful as a starter.
5. A.J. Burnett was inconsistent during the year.
6. Chien-Ming Wang.
7. Jose Veras, Edwar Ramirez, and Anthony Claggett all struggled and only one is still with the team.
8. Xavier Nady.
9. The Yankees lost two out of three to the Nationals.
10. The Yankees now have six players on the Pirates 40-man roster.